Am I Allergic to Myself?

I have a problem :'(. This problem happened since i'm young but obviouslly detected during my Secondary. My problem is.............

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Every time I cry, my skin on and around my eyes gets all red and swollen and itchy and I get red puffy bumps on them! Gosh! Am I allergic to myself? Haha! I have become allergic to my tears..

I don't know what it is. But every time my tears touch my skin (around my eyes @ eyelid), I get red bumps and they hurt and they are really ugly. I already see the doctors and they gave me some medicine, but it doesn't WORK very well. They gave me some medicine called 'Cortisone Cream'. I also tried petroleum jelly and over-the-counter products, but nothing seems to work. They make my skin even sting!

I already search in the internet to find the cause of my problem and how to overcome it. In the internet, some of them said the problem maybe because of the salt in the tears that irritates the bumps on my eyelid. What i'm going to do?!! My eyes just look like i'm wearing red eyeshadow! (Tapi bagus juga kan..jimat duit haku, tak payah pakai eyeshadow!heh..:).

But it worried me.. :(

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 Soksek-Soksek:

Putra Hafiys said...

haiii... Ekyn...
i think i know why... (ewahhh... like DR plak).. eventually i just read some article about eye disease coz my baby darwisy got watery eye last 5 days...
i just read about our tears actually have a lysozyme that destroy the Cell wall of Gram Positive bacteria which cause of itchiness to the skin and cause red eyes...
"Whereas the skin is a protective barrier due to its dryness and acidity, the conjunctiva (membrane covering the eye) is instead protected by secreted enzymes, mainly lysozyme and defensin. However, when these protective barriers fail, conjunctivitis results" - taken from Wikipedia (lysozyme)
i think it explain a bit about ur allergic maybe...=p

Eikyn said...

thank u papa hafiy for ur sharing info..until now i still can't find the suitable medicane or lotion to solve my eyelid problem..huuhuu